Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default protecting a cable jacket (e.g. with a bigger jacket). But where can I get one?

On 15 Apr, 14:27, Owain wrote:
wrote:
protecting a cable jacket (e.g. with a bigger jacket). But where can I
get one?
i'm looking to protect a cable from being trodden on. It has a weak
jacket.

What sort of cable? (Mains, speaker, phone, data....)

are you asking because of diameter? i'd like to know what to do with
the different situations, if it was a power cable vs if it was a data
cable.. i'd like to know the ifs like that.. And it's good for the
archives - surely.

It's an Ethernet cable / cat5e.
Therefore-
Data It has no power lines there, I think it's 8 wire, 4 aren't used,
the remaining four are 2 twisted pairs, one for transmit one for
receive.

I've seen some expensive cord covers , I don't want them.
AC power cords are really strong.. And not too thick.

They're still not designed for being trodden on.

sarcasm
no, only run over with a tractor
http://cableorganizer.com/cord-covers/
/sarcasm

think again

I even used the right term, a googlable term. So the product would
come up !
That site also calls them
Cord Covers, Cable Ramps, Cable Protectors , Wire Covers e.t.c.

But as I said, I don't want expensive cord covers.. This idea is much
cheaper.

I am thinking of getting a - not sure what to call it - extension
reel? One of those AC extension leads that rolls up. Where can I get
one?

Tesco. B&Q. Argos. Homebase. Woolworths.

thanks, i'll give those a try