Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Steve Steve is offline

Default Faulty burner in Kitchenaid range

This is a Kitchenaid flat (glass) top electric range, model KESH307...

The left front burner, which is actually a dual burner, has stopped
working - it turns on but puts out very little heat. At first I
suspected a faulty element, but I removed the glass and the element
looks fine. The outer element measures 37 ohms and the inner one
measures 45 ohms.

Now I'm thinking it's the thermostat. Is this likely? Are there any
other possible culprits? Can the thermostat be replaced without
changing out the entire element?

Thanks,

Steve

(please reply in the newsgroup as this email address is dead).