Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Seeing wet-edge of paint on a ceiling

Anode wrote:

When emulsion painting a ceiling with paint of the same colour as is already
on, I have great difficulty detecting the wet-edge of where I have just
painted. And this makes it difficult to know where to apply the paint next.

Is there anything I can do to make the just-painted wet edge show up better,
so I do not end up with missed patches?

Strong daylight seems to be the thing that really shows up the
difference... perhaps a string while fluorescent light at a low angle
might help?

--
Cheers,

John.