Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default protecting a cable jacket (e.g. with a bigger jacket). But where can I get one?

On 15 Apr, 08:34, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article . com,
wrote:

hi
protecting a cable jacket (e.g. with a bigger jacket). But where can I
get one?
i'm looking to protect a cable from being trodden on. It has a weak
jacket.

Should be something he-

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.c...eving/sleeving...

I've seen some expensive cord covers , I don't want them.
AC power cords are really strong.. And not too thick. A garden hose is
a bit too big for the house.
I'm thinking of putting the whole cable into a really thick cord like
that.
But where can I get one? I don't want to break a 4 way AC power
adaptor !!

You're thinking of stripping the sheath off a mains flex and using that?
Pretty difficult unless the length is short. You can by mains flex by the
metre at any shed.

I am thinking of getting a - not sure what to call it - extension
reel? One of those AC extension leads that rolls up. Where can I get
one?

Any shed?

what do you mean? what kind of shop do you mean by a shed? / How
would I find one?

My shed doesn't have it. And i'm not planning on knocking on evey door
in the street asking them to give me mains cable or give me a price
for it. So i'm guessing you refer to a type of shop. I'm hoping for a
type of shop that will be usable in yellow pages or scoot or that kind
of business search service.
e.g. http://www.scoot.co.uk/

..