Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default protecting a cable jacket (e.g. with a bigger jacket). But where can I get one?

In article . com,
wrote:
hi

protecting a cable jacket (e.g. with a bigger jacket). But where can I
get one?

i'm looking to protect a cable from being trodden on. It has a weak
jacket.

Should be something he-

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.c.../sleeving.html

I've seen some expensive cord covers , I don't want them.
AC power cords are really strong.. And not too thick. A garden hose is
a bit too big for the house.

I'm thinking of putting the whole cable into a really thick cord like
that.
But where can I get one? I don't want to break a 4 way AC power
adaptor !!

You're thinking of stripping the sheath off a mains flex and using that?
Pretty difficult unless the length is short. You can by mains flex by the
metre at any shed.

I am thinking of getting a - not sure what to call it - extension
reel? One of those AC extension leads that rolls up. Where can I get
one?

Any shed?

--
*Don't use no double negatives *