Posted to alt.home.repair
jJim McLaughlin jJim McLaughlin is offline

Default floodlights with light/motion sensor

If you want to know if there are "better" models than what you have,
at least tell us what models you actually have.

mm wrote:
I have a pair of two floodlights that go on automatically when it is
dark out and there is animal motin in the back yard.

Two problems. Would a newer model have some way around these
problems?

1) When there is a power failutre, these two big flood lights go on
and stay on. There are power failures here all the time, usually for
only a couple seconds but that is enough. Are there models that would
ignore very short power failures, or at least do so if it is daytime
at the time, or at least turn off the next morning?

2) Often it goes on on a cloudy day, but when there is still
substantial light. I think I adjusted it to not be so sensitive, but
it still happens.

Are there better models than what I have?