Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Cracking spackle around shower stall...ideas?

John W wrote:
I have about 1/2 to 3/4 inch gap from where the wall board ends and
the top of my shower stal. When painting the room last fall, I filled
in the gap with spackle in several layers. Now, it is cracked where
the wall meets the spackle. I also caulked the area. Any suggestions
on how to not have it crack. Thanks

John

I can't really see it so this may not apply, but spackling does not
bend, so if the door opening and closing is causing any movement of that
area, spackling will fail. You may need to better secure the door and
drywall.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit