Posted to misc.consumers.house,van.general
Ken Moiarty Ken Moiarty is offline

Default My Copy of Mortgage has gone missing: How/where do I get a new copy of the original?

Good stuff. Thanks.

Ken

"Todd H." wrote in message ...
"Ken Moiarty" writes:

"Todd H." wrote in message ...

Sounds like a ****ty situation. Sorry to hear it!

If the Land Title Office is where they record mortgages as a matter of
public record,

Well, this is what it is I'm trying to find out.

(FYI, I forgot to mention, I'm in B.C, Canada.)

Here's a group that might tell you your rights to a copy of your
agreement:
http://www.fcac-acfc.gc.ca/eng/default.asp

THese folks in BC may be able to tell you more or be a place to lodge
a complaint against the professional conduct of a mortgage lender,
asking for the Ministry of Finance:
http://www.gov.bc.ca/bvprd/bc/channe...hannelID=-8353

Or,
http://www.fic.gov.bc.ca/responsibil...e/overview.htm

Or submit a complaint against the institution directly. Banks really
hate it when their regulators contact them about such issues.
http://www.fic.gov.bc.ca/Complaintfo...ries_form.aspx

Be succcinct and simply indicate your desire for a copy of your
mortgage agreement because it has been lost and that your lender has
not been cooperative in providing you a copy of your full mortgage
agreement. Leave all the drama out of it.

Good luck!

--
Todd H.
http://toddh.net/