Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP EricP is offline

Default Weeds on tarmac

On 13 Apr 2007 06:06:15 -0700, Eddy Young
wrote:

Hi,

A recent arrival to this country (5 years) and a first-time homeowner, I let
myself be scammed by the tarmac cowboys (as later told by neighbours!) Now, one
month after having it laid down, I can see weeds are starting to grow through.

Should I have it re-tarmac'ed? Or, will I be better off trying to control the
weeds? There are no stems yet, but I suspect these won't take too long.

The driveway is about 25 sq. metres. If I have it redone, how much should I
expect to be quoted?

Incidentally, the weeds don't p*** me off as much as the realisation of having
been had :-(

Eddy

If weeds are coming through this early, the stuff must be total
rubbish. You will therefore be spending the rest of your life waiting
for the inevitable weed to break through.

Take it as a lesson learnt and replace it with a reputable company.