Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Surge Protectors

In article , Bob Eager
writes
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 21:14:47 UTC, "w_tom" wrote:

On Apr 12, 1:09 pm, "dennis@home"
wrote:
Clamping to what?

Clamping to earth ground. Destructive surges seek earth ground.
Surges enter on any wire to find earth ground, destructively, via
electronic appliances. Or surges are shunted (clamped, bonded,
diverted, connected, equalized) to earth ground without damage.

(yawn)

Bud is promoting for plug-in protector manufacturers. Since those
protectors have no earthing connection

They do in the UK.

And all dependant on the earth they are in turn connected to!..

(boring stuff snipped)

Perhaps you don't understand ?. We see this on the telecoms sites and
transmitter sites we look after and he's correct on the principles
involved....

Yawn.

--
Tony Sayer