Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default Two warnings and a tip. (light sigh)

Hi Arch

Yes I think you're right anything MS is not to be trusted :-, has
also something to do with the corrupt and power thing you're
mentioning I think ;-)))

As for the sleeve anchor, it was a YES that would work, I know I do
have one of those somewhere ;-)), and I will keep that possible use
stored right there with that, never seemed to need a driver that would
drill concrete or wood, but one never knows, ;))

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Apr 12, 6:24 pm, (Arch) wrote:
Hi Bruce, Thanks for your expert and friendly advice. It was very
helpful and should prevent my posting any more unchecked and misinformed
input to rcw. I had no idea of the damage my misguided efforts could do
to this fine newsgroup.

After my trip to the woodshed, I meekly visited Snopes and found that
the hoax was originally circulated in Portuguese and later translated
into English. Never did trust those Portuguese--English translations.

Snopes did warn me to be careful re _all PowerPoint presentations, so I
take comfort in my awful warning not being _totally inaccurate. I don't
know how to check on Snoke's validity, so I best not post another
unchecked PowerPoint warning. I heard that "Power tends to corrupt and
absolute power corrupts absolutely". Hope that's not another hoax.

I truly regret having contributed to your balding. My tip re the
concrete anchors apparently got lost in the consternation about my naive
warning. I hope my tip was acceptable, even if it wasn't helpful.

Arch