Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] russ.ramirez@gmail.com is offline

Default M2 Steel source?

On Apr 11, 4:19 am, Prometheus wrote:
On 10 Apr 2007 14:33:04 -0700, wrote:

I'm looking for a source for M2 steel rounds and flats that folks have
used, i.e. a vendor that will sell 12" rather than 12 feet.

I've got some old M2 punch tooling that is too hard for me to work
with much at home. While I have uses for some of it, there's quite a
lot more there than I will *ever* use.

They're round, but have shallow grooves every couple of inches for
O-rings, as well as threads on one end and assorted punch profiles on
the others. I haven't measured the length, but I'd guess they 8-9"
long. Diameters range from .5" to 1.5".

Depending on how much you need, and whether or not you think these'd
work, I imagine I could send you a few of the punches if you pay the
shipping on them.

Contact me off-list at prometheus at charter.net if you're
interested.

Thanks all, I may have located a source called Griggs Steel. They
specialize in tool steels and seem willing to cut to length for a
small premium. I'll post a follow-up after ordering.

Russ