Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill in Detroit Bill in Detroit is offline

Default M2 Steel source?

Ecnerwal wrote:
In article ,
"Dr. Deb" wrote:

wrote:

I'm looking for a source for M2 steel rounds and flats that folks have
used, i.e. a vendor that will sell 12" rather than 12 feet.

Russ Ramirez

There are couple of places.

https://reidecom.reidtool.com/xephr/qbe/homepage

and

The name escapes me, just when I need it most - someone fill in this blank

C_______ Big company with a parts book that would break a mules back.

Deb

The "Mule-breaking" book is (not starting with C) MSC -
http://www.mscdirect.com

Former competitor, now owned by same company, supposedly:
http://www.use-enco.com

Still separate and competing: The catalog they don't ever send to little
guys (less of an issue now with the web site) McMaster-Carr
http://www.mcmaster.com

To which add Production Tool and J & L Industrial Supply (both have web
sites I'm too lazy to scout out.) (36" lengths)

Might also check out any local salvage place such as "Crazy Benzy's"
around Detroit. IIRC, A2 might also suit your needs.

Bill

--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000732-0, 04/10/2007
Tested on: 4/10/2007 9:20:56 PM