Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.chem,alt.med.veterinary,sci.bio.microbiology
dlzc dlzc is offline

Default Ozone Generator -vs- Cat Urine Spray?

Dear hebintn:

On Apr 10, 10:26 am, "hebintn" wrote:
On Apr 10, 10:56 am, "dlzc" wrote:

Ozone is mixed with water and sprayed on surfaces for
decontamination. As long as undissolved ozone-containing
gas does not exit the spray nozzle, and the dissolved
ozone level is not too high (5 ppm or so), and the "area of
application" is well ventillated, industry has had excellent
results in surface decontamination.

None of this success will apply to an "electric room deodorizer".

Dave,

O3 at this low concentration, 5 ppm, would be probably be totally
reacted with non-target molecules such as soil molecules, fabric
surfaces, or most any unsaturated molecule. Are you talking
deodorization or disinfection?

Mox nix. Lysing the little fat pockets that cells breathe through
takes very little longer than getting double carbon bonds.

Doesn't matter O3 sucks at
concentrations usable on soiled surfaces for the consuming public
regardless of the hype you see on TV. Show me some data of O3
efficacy in real world surfaces.

Carpet would suck, and would no longer be recognizeable as carpet
after treatment.

Sounds like you've been around O3 projects. 8 )

I had a Co-60 gamma sterilizer in El Paso, so I made ozone in air with
a blue glow. Then I worked for an ozone manufacturer making ozone in
air or oxygen with a purple to blue glow. Then I worked for a gas-to-
liquid contacting company, and ozone came up a lot there also.

Are you the Dave
Smith I know that works for a large consumer product company?

I "designed" (physics, my assistant, and my boss helped much) the cell
in this ozone generator, and had much to do with the internal layout:
http://www.gewater.com/pdf/cfe1003en.pdf

So probably not me.

But nice to make your aquaintance.

David A. Smith