Posted to alt.home.repair
GROVER GROVER is offline

Default Shut off valve for washing machine

On Apr 9, 1:40 pm, " wrote:
Hi all,

I have a one-lever shut off valve for my washing machine. I plan to
get some SS braided hoses, right now I have rubber ones.

Anyway, I want to start using the shut off valve each and every time I
am not using the washer. Maybe a stupid question, but has anyone had
any problems while doing this? Like, the valve leaks or will wear out
over time?

Thanks in advance, John

Closing the supply valves to the washing machine, when the machine is
not in use, is cheap insurance against a flood caused by a failed
hose. However the steel wrapped hoses can still fail since the line
pressure is held 100% by the rubber.When I replaced my rubber hoses
with steel wrapped ones I was told that they offered no increased
burst protection.
Joe G