Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Fixing door handles back to back?

On 10 Apr 2007 01:30:11 -0700, wrote:

Hi,

I have an interior double wooden/glass door that I want to fix handles
(u-shape) to. The handles we like only come with the attachment points
at the rear; that is, they are like cupboard door handles and don't
fix 'back to back' like the bigger door handles. (By back to back I
mean where the handle on one side attachs into the handle behind it.)

My question is, does anyone know of any products or methods that would
enable me to attach cupboard-type handles in a manner where they
connect back to back, please?

Thanks very much,
Ian

Well, what you're probably thinking about is a dowel screw.
http://www.patemeadows.com/dowel%20screw.htm

But I think I'd lean towards glue, myself.
Or drilling right through the top of one of
the nobs, screwing it through the door to
the other one, and capping the hole.

A third option would be to glue a captive nut
in one pull, and a captive bolt in the other.
and screw the the two together through the door.