Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Fixing door handles back to back?

On Apr 10, 3:30 am, wrote:
Hi,

My question is, does anyone know of any products or methods that would
enable me to attach cupboard-type handles in a manner where they
connect back to back, please?

Pretty simple -- assuming from your description they're threaded knobs
or pulls, just use a threaded rod of adequate length to go through the
door. Mount one, put it through the hole and add the other. That's
simple enough if are pulls that are single-holed.

If two-holed so can't turn them in place, you'll have to be more
creative. Easiest thing I can think of would be to mount the pulls to
an escutcheon plate and then mount the plates to the door itself.

Otherwise, you'll have to do something clever like go in from the edge
at the lockset location and fiddle around trying to fasten something
through -- not an easy job.

Probably the best solution if the escutcheon idea isn't palatable is
to use a knob/pull designed for the task...out of everything made,
surely there is _something_ that would serve...