Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
TonyM TonyM is offline

Default Two warnings and a tip.

Best place to check out web myths, and other urban legends, is
www.snopes.com. My mother is constantly forwarding me emails full of
warnings. Someday I will get her to do her own research into their
validity.
Tony Manella
ndd1"at"prolog.net (remove "at")
http://home.ptd.net/~ndd1/
Lehigh Valley Woodturners

"Prometheus" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 23:45:17 +0000 (UTC), Bruce Barnett
wrote:

(Arch) writes:

1st. warning:

I'm gullible and it could be a scam, but FWIW and just in case. I got a
virus warning purporting to be from Microsoft and Norton this morning
advising not to open a powerpoint presentation: "Life is beautiful".
(It is but not always on the net.)

Heavy sigh...

I've seen this mistake a thousand times. Literally.
DON'T FORWARD WARNINGS UNLESS YOU CHECK THE ACCURACY

It takes 10 seconds to do a google search, using the string

"live is beautiful" Microsoft virus

and Bingo - it says hoax hoax hoax over and over.
This hoax was started in 2002.

That's 5 years ago!!!!!!!

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS investigate before you cry wolf. Please.

(sound of pulling hair from head. It's not very loud, as there's not much
hair left.)

Carry on, gang...

That is, of course, assuming that you don't consider mass-emailing
that float around with several hundred e-mails off them from a
half-dozen forwarding attachments virus-like...