Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Shut off valve for washing machine

On 9 Apr 2007 10:40:57 -0700, "
wrote:

Hi all,

I have a one-lever shut off valve for my washing machine. I plan to
get some SS braided hoses, right now I have rubber ones.

Anyway, I want to start using the shut off valve each and every time I
am not using the washer. Maybe a stupid question, but has anyone had
any problems while doing this? Like, the valve leaks or will wear out
over time?

That is its purpose. You'd better start doing it always NOW and save
doing it sometimes for when you have the steel hoses. (You should do
it always then too, but my point is you have your plans backwards)

Thanks in advance, John