Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Tim is offline

Default drive belt for cassette recorder

In article .net,
says...
Hello,

I am seeking a drive belt for an old Bell & Howell "Music Model" cassette
recorder that is part of an old Baldwin organ. Inside the battery door there
is a tag that says "Model 130" but the tag also says "DH Baldwin Company" so
that may be a Baldwin model number rather than Bell & Howell.

The old belt is approximately 25cm in length, although I suspect it may be
stretched out and thus, causing slippage. The belt has a square
cross-section, approx. 1mm or so in thickness.

Any ideas or potential parts sources would be appreciated.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

-Marty

A trick with square belts is to roll them inside out. It is a temp fix,
but it will keep it going until you find a replacement. I used to do
that with VTR equipment, as the belts would age quite quickly on the
3/4" tape machines.

- Tim -