Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default drive belt for cassette recorder

Hello,

I am seeking a drive belt for an old Bell & Howell "Music Model" cassette
recorder that is part of an old Baldwin organ. Inside the battery door there
is a tag that says "Model 130" but the tag also says "DH Baldwin Company" so
that may be a Baldwin model number rather than Bell & Howell.

The old belt is approximately 25cm in length, although I suspect it may be
stretched out and thus, causing slippage. The belt has a square
cross-section, approx. 1mm or so in thickness.

Any ideas or potential parts sources would be appreciated.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

-Marty

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Marty" wrote in message
link.net...

The old belt is approximately 25cm in length, although I suspect it may be
stretched out and thus, causing slippage. The belt has a square
cross-section, approx. 1mm or so in thickness.

Any ideas or potential parts sources would be appreciated.

I have had luck at hydraulics suppliers - a suitable O ring can often work.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Marty" wrote in message
link.net...
Hello,

I am seeking a drive belt for an old Bell & Howell "Music Model" cassette
recorder that is part of an old Baldwin organ. Inside the battery door

there
is a tag that says "Model 130" but the tag also says "DH Baldwin Company"

so
that may be a Baldwin model number rather than Bell & Howell.

The old belt is approximately 25cm in length, although I suspect it may be
stretched out and thus, causing slippage. The belt has a square
cross-section, approx. 1mm or so in thickness.

Any ideas or potential parts sources would be appreciated.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

-Marty

http://www.turntablebasics.com/beltmodels.html

Scroll down to the square section belts, a few there might be very close.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Marty" wrote in message
link.net...
Hello,

I am seeking a drive belt for an old Bell & Howell "Music Model" cassette
recorder that is part of an old Baldwin organ. Inside the battery door
there is a tag that says "Model 130" but the tag also says "DH Baldwin
Company" so that may be a Baldwin model number rather than Bell & Howell.

The old belt is approximately 25cm in length, although I suspect it may be
stretched out and thus, causing slippage. The belt has a square
cross-section, approx. 1mm or so in thickness.

Any ideas or potential parts sources would be appreciated.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

-Marty

Although 1mm square section cassette belts are a little less common now than
they were a couple of years ago, I still have no trouble obtaining them here
in the UK, and I keep a full range of sizes from 15mm to over 100mm. Please
note though that this is a diameter, not a length, and is the standard way
that cassette belts are specified, so the diameter of your 25cm long belt
will be that divided by pi or around 80mm

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Lee Lee is offline

Splork wrote:
On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 17:45:46 GMT, "Marty"
wrote:

Hello,

I am seeking a drive belt for an old Bell & Howell "Music Model" cassette
recorder that is part of an old Baldwin organ. Inside the battery door there
is a tag that says "Model 130" but the tag also says "DH Baldwin Company" so
that may be a Baldwin model number rather than Bell & Howell.

The old belt is approximately 25cm in length, although I suspect it may be
stretched out and thus, causing slippage. The belt has a square
cross-section, approx. 1mm or so in thickness.

Any ideas or potential parts sources would be appreciated.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

-Marty

http://www.sayal.com/ActionIndexP.asp?ID=231#231

Lee

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 9, 10:45 am, "Marty" wrote:
Hello,

I am seeking a drive belt for an old Bell & Howell "Music Model" cassette
recorder that is part of an old Baldwin organ. Inside the battery door there
is a tag that says "Model 130" but the tag also says "DH Baldwin Company" so
that may be a Baldwin model number rather than Bell & Howell.

Any ideas or potential parts sources would be appreciated.

Russell Industries bought out the old PRB (Projector-Recorder Belt
Corp) line in 1999. Visit www.russellind.com and click on "PRB LINE"
and "EVG" for belts.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Marty wrote:
I am seeking a drive belt for an old Bell & Howell "Music Model"
cassette recorder that is part of an old Baldwin organ.
Inside the battery door there is a tag that says "Model 130"

The number is for your organ: a Model 130 "Encore" from the 1970s.
http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:r...rts+130-Series

Baldwin considered the cassette units non-repairable.