Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Pipe to Septic Tank

On Apr 8, 7:50 pm, mm wrote:
On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 02:18:39 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Grandpa" wrote in message
Call them and ask them what the pipe is
for and why it is there, and what your options are. I've seen
something like this in the back yards of a housing tract that we did
some work in. They were connected to the sewer system, but I didn't
find anyone who knew about them.

One thought just came to mind here. It may be that high because it will not
vent if snow covered. Not knowing where the OP lives I can't say if that
would be the case. If up north where it is common to have a few feet of
snow on the ground it may be raised to compensate.

Why couldn't they just bury a pipe and run it back to the side of the
house and up 3 feet? Or the OP do it? It might cost a few bucks but
it is better than a white plastic candycane in the middle of the front
lawn. Unless you're a dam' white reindeer.

For the third time in this thread.

IT AIN'T A SEPTIC TANK VENT. Septic tanks DO NOT HAVE VENTS (other
than the ones sticking out of the roof).

Harry K