Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Surge Protectors

On 8 Apr, 18:13, "DD" someone@somewhere wrote:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask and I know a few electricians
frequent this site so....

We did the right thing some time ago and bought surge protectors for all the
pc and entertainment equipment, or so we thought .........

A power surge last week and one fried tv later, and we now discover that the
cheap ones are hardly worth having! Did not realise there were different
standards of surge protection.

So can anyone recommend a good surge protector please? What specifications
should I be looking for?

The short answer is theyre a complete waste of time & money. You can
read up on it yourself if you wish, or not.

NT