Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default New garage floor

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

Where did he say "speed up the cure". If you re-read, he stated he wanted to
"help" the cure. If you are going to help it, I translate that into making
it better. To make it better, often the method is to keep the concrete wet
so it will not cure too fast and it is helped to being stronger.

In the context of the OP's previous question about "How soon can I seal?", it's
reasonable to assume that "helping the cure" was speeding it up, not making it
stronger, especially for a residential garage floor. Still, your point is
valid...