Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] limeylew@gmail.com is offline

Default Trying to paint roof vent turbine with Rustoleum.

I just bought a new turbine (just the top, not the base) to replace an
ailing one.

It came with the galvanized finish, which was fine with me, as they
didn't have a black one and I also bought a can of flat black
Rustoleum, so I could make it match the others on the roof.

However, as I looked through the directions on the Rustoleum can, I
saw that it said to DON'T use on a galvanized surface.

I know I have painted EMT with this type of paint in the past and not
had any trouble with it.

SO, my question is, do you know why they would have this warning?

Is it because Rustoleum doesn't adhere well to a galvanized surface,
or is it because it would create a toxic gas, or what?

Lewis.

*****