Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default New garage floor

wrote:
I just had a new garage floor poured, how long should I waite before
sealing the floor?

Why do you want to seal the floor???

Assuming you are concerned with salt damage, wait until early fall. You
want the concrete to have cured as much as possible

If you want it to look better and protect it from oil leaks, then I
suggest at least 30 days, keeping any oil off the floor. Then get a top
quality 2 part epoxy garage floor material and follow the instructions,
especially the ones on prep work 150%

The weather is below freezing, should I still try and hose the floor
to help the cement cure or waite another week until the temperature
gets above the freezing point?

We hope they gave you a mix that can handle the local temperatures. In
a garage it likely will not get a cold as it would outside. You can go a
little below freezing but not too much with standard mix. The purpose of
keeping the concrete damp is to prevent it from drying before curing. I
doubt it that will be a problem anywhere near freezing, especially in a
garage.

Is there clear non-slip sealer if & when I do seal it?

See above and do consider the epoxy for a garage. It makes clean up a
lot easier.

knuriata

--
Joseph Meehan