Posted to uk.d-i-y
Aidan Karley Aidan Karley is offline

Default This week's most extreme markup

In article , Huge wrote:
You have to admire these people for separating the punters from the readies
with such efficiency. And anyone stupid enough to believe this nonsense
deserves to be fleeced.

The weird thing is, some people who are actually in posession of a
functioning brain do fall for this sort of idiocy.
One of my colleagues was asking me and the drilling rig's electrician
for comments about this very site, because he was concerned about mains hum
in his hi-fi system. Even with the electrician telling him that the whole
concept is ********, and me offering to lash him up a motor-generator set, or
even a kettle/ steam engine/ generator set ... he still wasn't convinced that
there were more effective ways to get rid of his mains hum problem. He didn't
*want* to be convinced ; he wanted to spend his money (and his wife's and
baby's food money) on this sort of delusion. Mad. But still a perfectly good
geologist.

--
Aidan
Aberdeen, Scotland