Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default New garage floor

wrote:

I just had a new garage floor poured, how long should I wait before
sealing the floor?

Most coating manufacturers recommend at least 30 days, but lober is better.

The weather is below freezing, should I still try and hose the floor
to help the cement cure or waite another week until the temperature
gets above the freezing point?

Where on earth did you get the idea that spraying water on fresh concrete speeds
up curing time? Certain chemicals can be added to the wet mix to speed up curing
time, but for a residential garage they aren't necessary and can't be "sprayed
on" after the pour.

And on top of that, most coatings require that the surface temp stay above 50
degrees for application and 24 hours afterwards.

Is there clear non-slip sealer if & when I do seal it?

You'll get the best results by using a good two part epoxy coating. These are
available in any color, including concrete grey. Go to a real paint store. Not a
big box or consumer strip mall storefront. A local retailer used a clear epoxy
over stained concrete, so I suspect that is an option as well. A very fine grit
is available if slipping on a wet surface is a concern.