Gunner

Default OT- The Deadliest Men

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:37:18 -0500, Mike Patterson
wrote:

On 12 Mar 2004 05:08:25 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , DAUBIE1 says...

Hi,
-
NOT IN NY STATE!!
-
Try doing that self defense crap will land you in jail 95% of the time!
Maybe if you wait to get wounded, then attack---MAYBE!
-
You better damn well be able to prove lethal force was necessary!
-
Example: that Getz guy a few years back.

Goetz. Bernard Goetz.

Please don't get gunner started on him!

As an aside, I bet those folks on the LIRR who were on
the receiving end had wished that bernie was on that train
with them!

================================================ ==
please reply to:
================================================ ==

When I made the decision to start carrying a pistol 12 years ago, I
sat down and envisioned various scenarios I might encounter, and what
action I planned to take, and decided whether I could live with the
possible outcomes.

For example, if I'm in a convenience store and one or more robbers
come in, my plan is to stay low profile and leave 'em alone, unless
they look like they are going to hurt someone, or they start to search
people. Then I open fire, with no warning which could result in
hostage situation or get me or innocents killed.

If they were to search me and find my weapon, standard criminal
response would be to kill me because in their minds it's likely I'm an
off-duty cop. It's happened many times. So a search triggers me to
action.

If I'm outside and it looks like I'm going to be robbed, I let 'em
have my wallet unless I believe they intend violence or search.

Had I been on that LIRR train, the guy would have gotten off one or
two shots, but after that either I would have stopped him, or he would
at least have spent a lot of his ammo on me rather than those poor
unprepared people.

Same thing if I had been at Perimeter Mall here in ATL a few years
back when a nutcase decided to kill all the white folks he could find
in the food court. I ate there regularly, but didn't that day. I
wonder how many people I could have saved had I chosen lunch
differently.

Of course, the media would then have concentrated on reporting how it
got me killed, rather than how many innocents were spared by my
action.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

Very good post and reasonable.

One of the survivors of the Lubby's massacre in Texas ( a woman who had
a ccw but was not allowed to carry it in the resturant as they sold
spirts) watched her parents both be killed and has commented much the
same. In fact..she was responsible for the change in Texas law and the
Shall Issue CCW that they now enjoy.

Many people seem to forget, there are few dangerous weapons. There are
however Dangerous Men.

That watchmaker is a prime example. Soaking up bullets and still
determined to shoot his attackers. Thats a hard core dude.

Gunner

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long