Lane

Default firearms - modern labor saving devices.

The inability to follow the logic of "in case **** happens" is either a
blind spot on your part, or an intentional attempt at spin.

Where the **** did you get "comparing human lives to tires" out of that?
You carry a jack in case you blow out a tire. You carry a weapon in
case someone decides to attack you. With luck, neither will ever be
used.

If your vehicle is parked or driven very slowly on a manicured parking
lot..its unlikley you will ever get a blow out. If you live in a high
security gated community its unlikely anyone will attack you.

Its the rest of the places you go that are a bit more problematic.
Drive near a construction site..the chances of a flat are a lot higher.
Work/travel in a high crime rate area..the chances of an attack are a
lot higher.

Whats do difficult for you to understand about that?

Gunner

It is amazing to me that people who have never been in fear for their life
truly believe that they never will nor will anyone else. So why do they or
anyone else need a gun?

I like your analogy of the spare tire and jack. Hopefully we'll never need
it but it's there if and when you do. If everyone was required to own and
carry a gun, take a class, qualify with it; what do you think would happen
to the crime rate?

Lane