Gunner

Default firearms - modern labor saving devices.

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:38:23 GMT, wrote:

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:57:47 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:47:05 GMT,
wrote:

You might try moving. Just don't leave the boogeyman your forwarding
address.

Its unfortunate that good paying jobs are not available in the safer
rural areas. So those of us who depend on large industrial areas for
our bread and butter have to work there. East LA. Compton, Watts,
Downey, etc etc. Industrial areas that look like the worst of the East
German border areas after 5pm

Aren't you the guy who said his gross is $40k and that it takes 65k
miles per year of commuting to earn it? That's not what I'd call a
good paying job. If you can afford a computer, an ISP account, and the
time to use them ah.... quite a bit, then you can afford to move to a
better area. I wouldn't say that our own rural area has many
high-paying jobs, yet off hand I know one guy with a thriving biz
who's looking for a new hire, and a mile from him another who has a
nice home that's vacant with a large shop on acreage. He might even
swap rent for property maintenance. Both on a tree-covered mountaintop
BTW. Could be a nice setup for someone with even average technical
skills, and a dream compared to your situation. But I'm thinkin' that
even though this is a safe rural area, if you lived here you'd be just
like one of my neighbors who wears a sidearm full time. On guard
against the jackrabbits and boogeymen I guess.

Wayne

Actually last year my gross was about $26k. With the 65k mileage.
Since the big layoffs in 2001, I am now an independent machine tool
repair technician. This means I work on machines in machine shops. If
there are no machine shops (or few of them) then I have no work. No
work =no money. no money= no mortgage payment=out on the street.

So perhaps its best that I stay where there are machine shops, no? Hard
to find enough machine shops in Podunk Falls to make a living fixing
their machines/phone systems/plant maint.

Im also 50 yrs old, with an ailing wife, no savings (well, I have $100
in my pocket for emergencies) and a home that will be paid off in about
12 months, however it happens to be in a town that is dying, and
selling it would result in a net loss.

As to your neighbor carrying a firearm...would he also be one of those
paranoid militant types who has a fire extinguisher close by?

Ill bet you are one of those anti-fire extinguisher types. Do you know
how many people are killed every year by them? LOTS! In fact, we had an
example on this news group where a deadly red fire extinguisher turned
on its owner and committed mayhem and carnage that would may you puke.

Ban Assault Fire Extinguisher! Limited them to less than 10 lbs! If
they have special nozzles, or hangers, they can only be used for
nefarious purposes and should be registered or banned.

Its for the Children!

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long