Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default How do I fix a broken electrical conduit that is attached to a concrete slab?

On Apr 7, 1:05 am, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
I have two rigid metal electrical conduits that came off the concrete slab
along the exterior wall. One is next to the AC unit and one is next to the
swimming pool filter and pump. The one next to the pool filter is an often
wet area and the wires are exposed as seen he

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/P1000932.jpg

close up:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/P1000933.jpg

The conduit next to the AC unit has not broken off yet but will be soon, it
is all corroded at the bottom:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/P1000931.jpg

close up:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/P1000930.jpg

Any suggestion how to fix that? Do I need to chip out the slab and make a
hole to replace the conduit? or is there some sort of a mender to fix this
kind of situation.

Thanks in advance,

MC

i think no electrical box is permitted at your point of damage, and
your pictures show there is extensive damage. your electrician will
evaluate the job and replace the full run from the nearby panel with
appropriate gfci as required in your local ordinance.
there may be hidden damage as well of wire corrosion that may reach
toward the panel requiring a new breaker.
he will determine the required limits for the path of the new conduit
based on your local code.

general info at:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/electrical-.../preamble.html