Posted to sci.electronics.repair
pk pk is offline

Default "International" capacitors

-----Original Message-----
From: pk
Sent: Apr 5, 2007 2:59 AM
Subject: "International" Capacitors( Vintage)

Hi Mike thanks for your reaction.
I asked this question because the International caps perform, sound and
feel much better than Mallory and Sprague Atom in a Fender Blackface Twin,
I dont know why.
Printed on the caps : HTD : High Temperature Dynamics( for high
temperature) Could this affect the feel and sound in a Fender Twin amp?
Thanks Peter.

They were typical japanese electrolytics of their day, and the quality
and construction changed over the years. I would compare the ESR of those
parts to newer capacitors. They probably used a thicker insulation to hold
more electrolyte, so it didn't evaporate as fast. Standard Electrolytics
were 65 degrees Centigrade, today you can get 85, 105, and I beleve 125
degree parts. The specifications on newere electrolytics is much tighter,
they are made in smaller pacakges which mean thinner insulating layers, and
some early Electrolytics only had a connection where the wire entered the
cap, so there was also some inductance in the component.

I don't ever rember seing any datasheets on their parts, just a few US
parts houses selling them for repair work.

"pk" schreef in bericht
I am looking for International capacitors info,
On the cap is written: Japan, International, C.
They might be vintage
They came with a Fenter amp from the USA
80 Uf 450 volts
20 Uf 450 volts
I have pics of them.
Thank you Peter Kluken