Posted to sci.electronics.repair
pk pk is offline

Default "International" capacitors

Thanks Graham , I will try the lower values.
"Eeyore" schreef in bericht

pk wrote:

I asked this question because the International caps perform, sound and
feel
much better than Mallory and Sprague Atom in a Fender Blackface Twin, I
dont
know why.
Printed on the caps : HTD : High Temperature Dynamics( for high
temperature)
Could this affect the feel and sound in a Fender Twin amp?

In order for there to be a difference, audible or otherwise, you'd have to
provide a meaningful explanation of why one company's microfarads behave
differently to another company's microfarads !

And *then* additionally why the caps in the power supply would be audible
in the
sound. It's not as if they're in the direct signal path !

Have you actually considered measuring their value ? I wouldn't mind
betting
that the caps you're saying sound better have actually dried out and their
value
is a fraction of the value printed on the can. That *would* affect the
amplifier's dynamics. You could mimic that effect by using new caps of
lower
value than original.

Graham