Posted to sci.electronics.repair
pk pk is offline

Default "International" capacitors

Thank you for your reaction,I understand your reply.I am not into fancy
hi-fi gear, that won t work for a Fender guitaramp
I have been an professional jazz and latinplayer over the past 30 years,
playing virtuoso.
I simply can play more easy with those( international) more modern?)
capacitors than with the Atom Spragues and old Mallory s,
The sound respond(projection) is better too.
Peter.
schreef in bericht
ups.com...
pk:
BS ALERT: The electrolytic cap values you mentioned are most likely B
+ Filter Caps and are absolutely not involved in audio stage coupling
functions where someone "may" have a very very small argument
regarding types of caps affecting the objective (not measureable)
sound quality.
Take Sofie's advice and just replace them and no one will know the
difference except you of course.... and you will continue to think
that the sound is not what it should be. This is a mental thing....
get a grip and get over it.
I bet you also believe that your interconnecting cables and speaker
wires have to be bi-radially wound, oxygen free copper, 06 guage with
gold connectors @ $15 per foot.... and on a blind A/B test you could
not tell the difference if someone substitued cheapo cables and wire
on typical length cable runs.
electricitym

On Apr 5, 12:57 pm, "pk" wrote:
No Graham, i am not that type of clown.
I asked this question because the International caps perform, sound and
feel
much better than Mallory and Sprague Atom in a Fender Blackface Twin, I
dont
know why.
Printed on the caps : HTD : High Temperature Dynamics( for high
temperature)
Could this affect the feel and sound in a Fender Twin amp?
Thanks Peter.