Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default "International" capacitors

wrote:

On 5 Apr, 19:56, "pk" wrote:

I asked this question because the International caps perform, sound and feel
much better than Mallory and Sprague Atom in a Fender Blackface Twin, I dont
know why.

Its easy to form these opinions from listening tests, but it doesnt
make it reality. Get a couple people to run a double blind test for
you and you'll not be able to tell which is which.

Exactly.

I've been dealing with this issue only this week. There was a guy who was
convinced that his guitar amps only hummed in this particular recording studio. We
measured everything inside out but he wasn't happy so we took the amp to another
location where it measured exactly the same again.

It sounded different of course due to the changed acoustics. Apparently My Guitar
Tech can't understand that.

Graham