Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default "International" capacitors

pk wrote:

No Graham, i am not that type of clown.
I asked this question because the International caps perform, sound and feel
much better than Mallory and Sprague Atom in a Fender Blackface Twin, I dont
know why.

I suggest you address yourself to the issue of this 'better sound and feel' and
what exactly you mean by it.

I'd almost put money on those International caps being a fraction of their
original value. This is what happens to electrolytics over time. By replacing
them you're restoring the amplifier to original condition and you no longer like
that sound.

I can assure you that 'back in the days' when your amp was designed, no-one
believed in capacitors having any special sonic effects so you can be sure they
weren't chosen for that reason.

Do you have a capacitance meter ?

Graham