Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default Plumbing drain question

You don't say what kind of sink you will be draining, but regardless, it
will drain extremely slow. The water in the sink will need to develop
sufficient force to 'push' or move all the water in the 19' run up the 5"
rise at the end. While this might sound like a small matter somewhat like
a regular trap, but a regular trap only has about a cup of water that needs
to push an inch or so.

Consider how hard you must blow into one end of a garden hose to push the
water out the other end when it is held 5" higher.

"G Mulcaster" wrote in message
Hi Gang,

I want to install a sink. The nearest pipe I can plug into is19 feet
away. The drain will be as follows:

18" drop from sink bottom to bottom of crawl space joists,

Run along bottom of joists for 19',

Rise 5" and plug into existing drain pipe within joists.

Thus, I will have no slope, but a 13" head. Will it work?

Thanks, Gary