Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Silver Surfer Silver Surfer is offline

Default Microwave schematic

You are exactly right in pointing out that the source could be a player.
Power to the microwave drops by about 4 volts when it's going full tilt
(that is when it decides to work for a while). Certainly a lesser circuit
could drop by much more than that.

"Meat Plow" wrote in message

Subject: Microwave schematic
From: "Silver Surfer"
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 18:19:55 -0400

Mr. Plow,

The source for my experimentation is a household circuit with hardly
anything else plugged into it. It looks good on the meter.

The source where the oven had problems is what I was after. And with the
oven running at full power. I've been working with these things for just
about as long as they were affordable to the general populace and I've
seen plenty of problems that were caused by a fault in the source voltage.
Mind you that's not my diagnosis but I just don't put the cart before the
horse in things that consume considerable current when operating.