Posted to sci.electronics.repair
pk pk is offline

Default "International" capacitors

Mallory and Spraque have a more stiffer feel , touch, some runs are
difficult to play, they might be too good?
"James Sweet" schreef in bericht
pk wrote:
I asked this question because the International caps perform, sound and
feel
much better than Mallory and Sprague Atom in a Fender Blackface Twin, I
dont
know why.
Printed on the caps : HTD : High Temperature Dynamics( for high
temperature)
Could this affect the feel and sound in a Fender Twin amp?
Thanks Peter.

This is one of those things audiophools will argue endlessly on. Really so
long as the rating is correct there should be no difference at all between
one capacitor and another. "High Temperature Dynamics" sounds like
meaningless marketing speak.

Have you tried Mallory and Sprague caps yourself? They're well known
brands with a quality product that should perform as well as anything, I'm
curious as to how they sound or "feel" inferior.