Pete Logghe

Default The Moving of my lathe. Long...was Lathe Moved

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Moving a lathe, Moving an engine lathe, Moving a metal lathe. add some
search lines.

Hi Brian, My eyes have stopped twitching since I got it home and on the
ground!

The surprise was that everything went smoothly! But on the other hand with
everyone's
advice I should have known it would.

snipped..

Let me interject an error on my part here. One thing I did not do was cover
the lathe with a tarp
for the trip. Believing that it would not rain I did not bring one. HA! It
did rain a little bit and it
started to do so while I was tying down. If I ever do this again I would
tarp it even if it was summer.
Why? Because of Road debris. The road is a filthy place and lots of that
gets thrown up on to
anything riding behind you. I lucked out and didn't get a lot due to the
high sides of the trailer.
But there is enough that I'll have to spend extra time cleaning it. No one
wants extra cleaning.

I learned from pro riggers...
Shrink wrap it. It's quick, and easy. It's cheap.
If there are sharp or fragile corners, baby diapers (new, clean)
work good for padding, and later they soak up oil real good.
This will also protect from the tarp rubbing off paint if you also
use that.
Pete