Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodworking Classes?

Corner of My Mind wrote:

Bill in Detroit wrote:

I basically got nothing out of the class, which ended early. NO hands-on
time. ALL show & tell. Overpriced by about $70.00.

Oh...NO!!! That is _NOT_ what I wanted to hear!!!

I was really leaning towards signing up and was actually going to drop
by after work today to sign up and take a look around the store.

Remember that Woodcraft is a franchise operation. Go to the store near you.
Talk to them and find out what the class is like. If possible, talk to some
customers who have taken the classes.

All I can tell you is that Bills comment certainly doesn't apply to the
Woodcraft I work for. I went to his web page to find out where he was, but
couldn't (Bill, I kept getting "This can be managed under Documents - Site
Documents in the admin control panel." on the contact and about us pages).

Offhand, I can't think of a single class at our store that isn't hands on. In
the turning, carving, scroll saw, woodburning, cabinet making, etc. classes
the students each complete a project and take it home with them.

--
It's turtles, all the way down