Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home
Keith Willcocks Keith Willcocks is offline

Default PVA adhesive over screw heads

"JWBH" wrote in message
Novice has just painted the small bedroom and is having a new carpet put
in. Some of the floorboards are a bit springy and noisy. I was going to
nail them down, but was advised by neighbour to screw them instead, since
he says nails can work loose.

Can screws work loose also? Was thinking of smearing some PVA adhesive I
have over the heads. Is this the best thing to do? thanks.

I have some floor boards over parts of the central heating system that are
screwed to allow access and they have never come loose despite being in an
area that gets a lot of use. The only thing to remember is to make sure
the wood is countersunk for the screw heads. They are also screwed into
the original nail holes which did the job of pilot holes.
--
Keith Willcocks