Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Plumbing drain question

G Mulcaster wrote:
Hi Gang,

I want to install a sink. The nearest pipe I can plug into is19 feet
away. The drain will be as follows:

18" drop from sink bottom to bottom of crawl space joists,

Run along bottom of joists for 19',

Rise 5" and plug into existing drain pipe within joists.

Thus, I will have no slope, but a 13" head. Will it work?

Thanks, Gary

I'm no drain mavin, but if I were doing the job for myself I'd put in a
tee and threaded plug under the sink and try and create the two 90
degree bends down in the crawl space with a couple of 45 degree elbows each.

That to make it easier to run a snake through the line if that long
horizontal run ever gets glogged with hair or something else over time.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)