Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodworking Classes?

shawn wrote:

If I had to pick one, I would do the Table saw. Then the router class

Oh, I don't know. Turning can keep some of us occupied for years and there's
a lot less tools required. One lathe, a half dozen gouges, scrapers, and
chisels, a grinder, and maybe a few sharpening jigs and the OP is in
business. Add a chuck and a couple of extra jaw sets after the initial
practicing. The whole thing could be done for around $1000, although I'd
spring for the new General mini-lathe with the swiveling head which would add
around $300 more.

And in many cases, practice wood is free.

Of course, there's a lot more turning stuff out there to spend money on if
you're a tool junkie - DAMHIKT :-).

--
It's turtles, all the way down