Posted to rec.woodworking
shawn shawn is offline

Default Woodworking Classes?

Corner of My Mind wrote:
John Flatley wrote:

The Woodcraft stores have a pretty good lineup of
classes at reasonable prices.

This seems like an excellent idea. Thanks.

They have 22 classes taught at the nearest location. Of those, I'm
guessing the following 3 would be most beneficial for a newbie like me:

* "Woodturning 101 & 201" - 2 Days (15 hours total - lunches?) for $250

* "Tablesaws from A to Z" - 1 Day for $75

* "Learning the Router" - 1 Day (5.5 hours - lunch?) for $75 + materials

So, for about $400 I can become a pro

You might also check the Constantine's store in Ft.
Lauderdale for classes and clubs.

I didn't find any classes listed on their website
(http://www.constantines.com/) but I'll drop by and get to know the
place as well as Woodcraft store

Good hunting and welcome aboard,

Thank you.

If I had to pick one, I would do the Table saw. Then the router class