Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Spot-painting A Garage Door

You might call the manufacturer to see if they have a spray touch up they
can sell you. Wayne Dalton has a touch up available for their doors. Won't
be perfect though unless you repaint the door completely.

"jaygreg" wrote in message
I used a WD40 type lubricant on my garage door track this winter and just
noticed it dripped onto the front of one of the door panels. I tried
cleaning it with 401 withoout luck then paint thiner and finally acetone
(after I called the lubricant manufacturer).

Well I think I've gotten myself into a bit of a piclkle because now I've
remove paint to the point where some corners and edges of a small cross
member are showing gray; I'm pretty sure that's base metal.

Bottom line: Looks like the door is powder coated (painted) and I've
removed enough to disturb the asthetics. Area is the size of a softball.

Question: Repair suggestions?