Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart B Stuart B is offline

Default Combi boiler - hot water isn't very hot, but radiators work OK

On 4 Apr 2007 01:19:10 -0700, "iceland_potter"
wrote:

my Ravenheat Combi boiler had a problem recently where it was on zero
pressure, so I turned a plastic tap underneath which was connected to
a felxible pipe, which seemed to let more water into the boiler.

The radiators now all work full heat, but the hot water isn't very
hot, and the hot water isn't hot at all when the switch is switched
from central heating and hot water to just hot water. I've tried
varying settings on both thermostats.

It seems like something's wrong as the boiler used to be fine to pump
out hot water when the switch is just set to hot water.

Pressure is about 0.8 bar cold and i'm not sure what it is when hot
but its over 1 bar.

Has anyone got any ideas please before I call out a plumber?

Many thanks.

On the assumption that this is not a troll.....The plastic tap you
refer to is the control for the Filling Loop to increase the pressure
in the boiler .The instructions that were left by the installer ( They
were weren't they?) will explain all ( You have read them haven't you
??) .

AIUI the pressure should be read when cold and not hot so it might be
that you need to put more water in when it's cold .

Is there not a temp control for the HW so you can increase it to a
temp that suits you ?