Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry Peter Parry is offline

Default This week's most extreme markup

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 18:11:24 +0100, Peter Parry
wrote:

For markup though it must be

Looking further the shelves at

http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?src=google&lookup=1&region=UK&currency =GBP&pf_id=4010&customer_id=PAA0456042107447SBRLKH IINVGFJKNU

probably count as greatest markup - £1,500 for a set of shelves.

"Don't be fooled into thinking this is just a simple piece of wood;
each piece is handmade by a skilled scraftsman. More air than wood,
Torlyte is constructed from individually fabricated grids and skins,
requiring numberous complex machine and manual operations. All this
naturally comes at a price, but we believe that the sonic payoff
makes it an extremely worthwhile investment."

Might be because of the price of the scraftsmen - it's a rare trade
although numberous machines are also quite unusual. I suspect the
comment about more air than wood is particularly appropriate.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/