Gunner

Default firearms - modern labor saving devices.

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:57:46 GMT, Abrasha wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message

Final score, no shots, 3 runs and 1 foul.

Shrug..it could well have been far worse.

You've just got to move to a better neighborhood, Gunner. It will improve
your whole outlook on life.

Ed Huntress

I just thought the same thing. As I was reading his prose, I thought to myself,
"What the hell did this guy do to deserve such a life? And why does he continue
to tolerate it?"

I do begin to understand your anger, if not your political leanings.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Anger? Shrug..the world can and is a very dangerous place. At home, I
dont even lock the doors if I go uptown for a couple hours. Many folks
leave their car keys in the ignition. Shrug..other places (those
typically run by Liberals btw :P) tend to be a bit less lawful. The
only anger I have, is for the liberals who consider the plight of the
criminal, rather than the law abiding citizen. Those three pukes have
likely been in trouble before..but were loose on the street. With little
fear of the system or the citizen. BTW..:LA is not a place anyone can
get a CCW.

There are lots of places like this, DC, Sydney, NYC, Chicago, London,
etc etc where if you go to the wrong place..commend your soul to God,
and cover your ass as best you can. On the other hand..most places only
have petty crime at worst.

Im sure Ed's been to at least one Westec show. He knows the area
surrounding the facility. Want to walk those streets at 9pm?

I made a bet once with a strident anti-gun controller..that we would
start off on foot from East LA and walk to Downey at 12am on a Friday
night with 5, $100 bills stapled to our shirts. He could go unarmed and
talk his way out of any problems, and I would go as I saw fit. The
survivor..errr winner was the one who got to the finish line with the
most money still on the shirt. Oddly enough..he refused to take that
bet. I wonder why?

Unless you live in a small town, or a gated community...shrug..read the
crime reports for your area and see how safe you are. I dont worry about
people targeting me..its those To Whom it May Concern crimes that I
prepare for.

But then, I wear seat belts, have smoke detectors and fire extinguishers
handy as well.

And I refuse to permit anti- seat belt/smoke detector/fire extinguisher
fanatics from taking them away from me.

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long